The ever-popular Earth Day Festival is back with double the excitement taking place at two great events! Bring your family and friends along for an amazing experience touring cool exhibits, taking part in fun activities and enjoying live entertainment.
Back by overwhelming demand is the Earth Day Passport Challenge. The first 500 kids to complete their passport will receive a commemorative Earth Day prize made from recycled material.
New this year is the first-ever Trashion Show. If you’re at least five years of age, you’re eligible to enter. Click here for all the Trashion Show details.
Earth Day Festival 2014 is shaping up to be another great event, and you’re sure to learn a thing or two about our world’s precious natural resources! Here’s a sneak peek at interactive exhibits you can look forward to:
- Department of Land and Natural Resources - Division of Forestry and Wildlife
- IPC’s Hawaiian Cultural Classes
- National Weather Service- Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Rolloffs Hawaii
- National Marine Fisheries
- Hawai’i Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture
- SGT Yano Library
- DES Bike Rodeo – Bring your bike and helme
- First Wind
- Girl Scouts of America
- Performance Landscapes Seed planting project
- Federal Fire Department Truck Display
Earth Day 2014 is sponsored by Island Palm Communities, the Directorate of Public Works, and Mission Support Command Pacific Region for the U.S. Army Reserves.